"Can God hear a hundred million prayers at one time? 'God has infinite attention to spare for each one of us. He does not deal with us in the mass. You are as much alone with him as if you were the only being he had ever created.'"

-C. S. Lewis

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Wednesday's Bible Verse!

Today's Bible verse comes from Matthew chapter 28 verses 19 and 20.

"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age. 
Matthew 28:19-20 

There it is, right from Jesus' mouth to "go and make disciples of all nations".  All my life I have wanted to do just that, make disciples of the nation, be a missionary.  And I always thought that in order to be a missionary, I would have to go far away from home, on a continent other than the one I live on.  But I have recently realized: I don't need to go to another continent to bring the Gospel to others or to tell others about Jesus.  We are missionaries here where we live right now.  We are being missionaries just living out our lives in this sinful world, being a light to other people.

You don't have to go to a third world country to tell the world about Jesus.  You can be a missionary by just sharing the Word to your friends, or the people in front of you at the grocery store.  Even just a simple smile or an encouraging word to someone who needs one is showing Jesus to them.

-Angelina Zoe

No comments:

Post a Comment